Black flags, eggs greet Kirron Kher
Chandigarh: Actress Kirron Kher was greeted with black flags and eggs by a small group of BJP activists as she arrived in Chandigarh Tuesday to contest the Lok Sabha election.
The activists, who feel she is an `outsider`, showed her black flags as she flew in from Mumbai where she lives. They tried to disrupt her arrival at the Bharatiya Janata Party office here.
Eggs were thrown at a car carrying her actor husband Anupam Kher by some of the activists. Kirron Kher was not in that car.
Kher seemed unperturbed by the incidents.
"I am a daughter of Chandigarh. I was born and brought up here. I have lived here. Those opposing me are also from the BJP family. We will embrace and pacify them," Kirron told the media.
She was accompanied by former Chandigarh MP and BJP leader Satya Pal Jain.
Himself a strong contender for the Chandigarh ticket, Jain was elected to the Lok Sabha from here in 1996 and 1998. He lost to Pawan Kumar Bansal of the Congress in 2004 and 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral video: When Robert Downey Jr spoke like Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Reactions to Salman's tweets on Yakub were premature: Riteish Deshmukh
- Lata Mangeshkar remember Mohammed Rafi on 35th death anniversary
- 'Prem Rog' clocks 33 years, Rishi Kapoor thanks fans
- Alia Bhatt feels Karan Johar would be a 'funny' lawyer