Bollywood actress gets threat calls for remarks against Mahesh Bhatt, Veena Malik
Mumbai: A non-cognisable (NC) offence was registered against an unidentified person after B-grade film actress Sapna complained of receiving threatening calls for her remarks against filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt and actress Veena Malik, police said on Sunday.
Sapna, who has acted in a number of B and C grade films, claimed in a plaint lodged through her manager in Amboli police station on Saturday that the caller threatened her of dire consequences if she speaks out against Bhatt and Malik, they said.
According to Sapna, while giving an interview to a local publication, she had said that Bhatt was a porn director and Malik, who was doing publicity stunts in Mumbai, should be sent back to Pakistan.
Sapna is playing a lead role in upcoming film No 1 Dirty Heroine Sapna and is also a producer.
Bhatt and Malik were not available for comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan-born actor Marc Anwar apologises for racist rant about Indians
- Ronan Farrow pays tribute to brother Thaddeus
- UK police to probe Pakistan-born actor Marc Anwar's anti-India rant
- PM Narendra Modi lauds Amitabh Bachchan's latest 'Swachh Bharat Mission' video, urges people to make India open defecation free
- Mosquito breeding: Sushmita Sen served notice by BMC