Bollywood beauty Katrina Kaif offers prayer in Ajmer Dargah for `Ek Tha Tiger`
Ajmer: Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif today offered prayers at the holy shrine of Sufi saint Khawaja Moinuddin Chisti here for the success of her upcoming film `Ek Tha Tiger`.
It was the first visit by a film celebrity after the recent controversy following Dargah Diwan`s objection to film stars` visits to the Dargah.
A khadim (priest) of the Dargah, Qubuddin Sakhi, said that she offered prayer and tied a thread for the success of her upcoming film, which also stars Salman Khan.
"She spent around ten minutes inside the dargah," he added.
Last month Dargah Diwan Zainul Abedin Ali Khan had objected to the visits of film stars and producers to the shrine to offer prayers for the success of their films.
"Dance and films are taboo in Islam and cinema in general today is promoting obscenity, which is a major reason behind the rapid degradation of moral values in the society hence visits by films starts/director/producers for "a kind of promotion of their work" at the religious place is highly intolerable," Diwan had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hindu group wants Atif Aslam concert cancelled
- Government has to decide who can work in India: Saif Ali Khan
- Tannishtha Chatterjee slams racist attack on TV show, channel apologises
- 'Mirzya' story needed fresh faces: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- Ranbir Kapoor's family posts sweet messages for him on his birthday