Bollywood bids tearful adieu to actress Nanda
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Bollywood veterans and a number of fans bid tearful adieu to yesteryear actress Nanda who was cremated at suburban Oshiwara on Tuesday.
Nanda's family members, relatives and several Bollywood personalities were present at the last rites held at Oshiwara electric crematorium.
Her friends from the industry - Asha Parekh, Waheeda Rehman, Shabana Azmi, Salim Khan, Ketan Desai, Tabassum paid tribute to the departed soul.
Born to Vinayak Damodar Karnataki, a Marathi film actor-director, Nanda began her film career as a child artist. She got her first break as the lead actress in V Shantaram’s ‘Toofan aur Diya’, a film that revolved around brother-sister bond.
She got engaged to Manmohan Desai in 1992, who died after falling from the terrace of his apartment in 1994, and since then remained unmarried.
Nanda acted in films like ‘Dhool Ka Phool’, ‘Dulhan’, ‘Bhabhi’, ‘Naya Sansar’, ‘Jab Jab Phool Khile’, ‘Gumnaam’, ‘Shor’, ‘Parineeta’. ‘Prem Rog’, which released in 1983, starring Padmini Kolhapure and Rishi Kapoor was her last film.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salma Agha to get lifetime Indian visa, say MHA sources
- AR Rahman conferred with Japan's Fukuoka prize 2016
- Social media trolls don't affect Zareen Khan
- Here's what Shraddha Kapoor has to say about link-up reports with Farhan Akhtar!
- Nervousness took over Priyanka Chopra while auditioning for 'Quantico'? Watch video