Bollywood celebrities attend Dr. Ashok Chopra`s prayer meet
Mumbai: A prayer meeting was organised here Tuesday for Priyanka Chopra`s father Ashok Chopra, who died in a Mumbai hospital battling cancer.
Ashok Chopra, who was hospitalised at the Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital two weeks ago, passed away Monday afternoon. His prayer meeting took place at J.W. Mariott in Juhu.
Those who attended the meet from the film industry were Kareena Kapoor, Vidya Balan, Shilpa Shetty, Karishma Kapoor, Abbas-Mustan, Dia Mirza, Nikhil Adwani, Rani Mukerji, Lara Dutta, Malaika Arora Khan, Isha Koppikar, Arpita, Alka Yagnik, Riteish Deshmukh, Genelia D`Souza, Madhur Bhandarkar, Prabhudheva, Imran Khan, Uday Chopra, Rohit Shetty, Zoya Akhtar, Rishi Kapoor, Neetu Singh among others.
Priyanka had reportedly cancelled all her shoots and was by his side for the last few days.
A doctor by profession, Ashok Chopra had retired from the Indian Army in 1997 as lieutenant colonel.
He is survived by his wife Madhu, also a former army doctor, daughter Priyanka and son Siddharth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What's cooking! When Deepika Padukone donned the chef hat – View pic
- No kids for John Abraham for now
- Watch: Arjun Kapoor makes his voice-over debut as 'Buck' in Hindi trailer of 'Ice Age Collision Course'!
- Shruti Haasan's latest Femina shoot will defy all norms of 'sitting awkwardly' – Pic inside
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui defends 'Babumoshai Bandookbaaz' director, says incident narrated by Chitrangada Singh didn't happen!