Bollywood celebs condemn barbaric suicide attack in Lahore
BTown took to their Twitter handles to condemn the inhuman suicide attack in Gulshan-i-Iqbal Park of Allama Iqbal Town in Lahore on Sunday evening, killing at least 70 people and injuring almost over 250.
New Delhi: BTown took to their Twitter handles to condemn the inhuman suicide attack in Gulshan-i-Iqbal Park of Allama Iqbal Town in Lahore on Sunday evening, killing at least 70 people and injuring almost over 250.
Their tweets said:
"The world seems to be infested with heartless sick people..heartbreaking news.My prayers to the families of the victims #LahoreBlast," wrote Priyanka Chopra.
"Concerned about the blast in Lahore. Hope you and your loved ones are safe. My condolences to the victims of this horror," tweeted Rishi Kapoor.
"Prayers and condolences for the families who lost their loved ones in Lahore. #LahoreAttack," tweeted Emraan Hashmi.
"Anger, disgust...Whats the point of these senseless acts of violence? Condolences and prayers to the people of Pakistan! #PrayForLahore," tweeted Sonakshi Sinha.
"Terrorism is no act of ANY faith..it's a curse that must be lifted. Praying for you Lahore.," wrote Sushmita Sen.
"My Thoughts and prayers to the families of #Lahore deeply upsetting and sad,Stop these Horrific senseless attacks !#PrayForLahore," wrote Sidharth Malhotra.
"Thoughts and prayers with the people of #Lahore. Heart goes out to the innocent victims of this inhuman and cowardly act of terror.," read Sekhar Ravjiani's tweet.
"#Lahore , may you find strength. May love & humanity overcome fear & hatred someday, and may no child ever die like that again.," wrote Vishal Dadlani.
"prayers for the tragic deaths& injuries in Lahore!! So so Sad & Horrible-lets all jointly pray this madness stops & people value life," wrote Poonam dhillon.
"Terrible news out of #Lahore. My heart is breaking for families who lost their children. . #prayforlahore," tweeted Hansika Motwani.
"Sad...heartfelt prayers for the families of the victims...," wrote Sajid Khan.
According to Dawn, the attack was claimed by the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan Jamaatul Ahrar.
DIG Operations Captain (Retd) Muhammad Usman, confirmed the suicide attack, saying ball bearings had been found at the site.
The area where suicide attack took place was a children's park and is a renowned residential area of Lahore.
An emergency has been declared at all government hospitals in the city, and a heavy contingent of police has cordoned off the area.
Reportedly, eye witnesses said there were pools of blood and scattered body parts spread across the site of the attack.
Witnesses said they could hear children screaming as people carried the injured in their arms, while frantic relatives searched for loved ones in nightmarish scenes at the park near the centre of the city.