Bollywood is not my priority: Siddharth
New Delhi: Southern star Siddharth, who made a promising debut in Bollywood with Aamir Khan starrer ‘Rang De Basanti’ in 2006, has no qualms of being seen less in Hindi film industry because he feels he hardly gets good lead roles.
The 33-year-old actor-producer said he always maintained a distance from Bollywood because he never considered it as his priority.
"Bollywood is not my priority. My job is in down south. I am a lead actor. In terms of lead actor opportunities, I don`t really get good ones here. But I don`t rule out being part of the Hindi Film industry," Siddharth told reporters.
The actor was last seen in David Dhawan`s official remake of `Chashme Baddoor` with co-stars Ali Zafar and Divyendu Sharma. The film is the modern take
"David Dhawan is like my family and it was a great opportunity to work with him. I chose to do the film because it`s a fun film," he said.
The actor said for preparing his character in the film, he intentionally did not watch the Deepti Naval and Farooq Sheikh starrer 1981 film.
"I knew it from the very beginning that this film will be completely different from the original one. I did not want to have a hangover of it. I wanted to have my own approach to the character," he said.
With this film, the actor has first time shed the image of a serious character and ventured into the zone of comedy.
"I am happy that I am a part of this film. People consider me as a serious actor and have never seen this side of mine. I remember, when my friends saw me first time in the trailers they sent me messages asking what am I doing in this film, It`s a good change," he said.
After ‘Rang De Basanti’, the actor starred in ‘Striker’. The film did not do well at the box office. But his performance in the film was highly appreciated.
"I always take such roles where I gain something from the process not the result. I don`t think whether I will become a very big star after the film. I have been in the industry from past 11 years and I still consider today as my first day," he said.
Siddharth said he will also enter into direction after being the part of the industry for few more years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Song out: 'Housefull 3' gang gives you a new party anthem in the form of 'Taang Uthake'! – Watch
- Priyanka Chopra won't refuse a good Bhojpuri film, says mother Madhu Chopra
- Whoa! Mukesh Khanna's 'Shaktimaan' to be back on Indian television?
- Treat your hardworking mom to hair care this summer!
- 'Kaabil' first look poster: Hrithik Roshan’s intense eyes precursor of a massive storm ahead!
- Kangana Ranaut to inspire women to share their stories
- Meet Shifuji Shaurya Bhardwaj: The living legend who played Tiger Shroff's trainer in 'Baaghi'!
- This emotional Instagram post by Arbaaz Khan talks about introspection
- Check out: Rani Mukerji’s first public appearance after baby Adira’s birth
- Adhyayan never said Kangana Ranaut practices black magic, says father Shekhar Suman