Bon Jovi donates $1m to Hurricane Sandy relief fund
Washington: Jon Bon Jovi announced on Monday that he has donated 1 million dollars to the Hurricane Sandy NJ Relief Fund.
The 51-year-old rocker, who visited his hometown of Sayreville, New Jersey, with Governor Chris Christie, said that his being there was not political but was an emotional because he grew up, went to school and met his wife there, the Washington Post reported.
Bon Jovi presented the donation check to Christie's wife, Mary Pat, who is overseeing the relief fund.
He said that his donated million dollars sounded like a lot but was really just a drop in the bucket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- Working birthday for Arjun Kapoor, says Chetan Bhagat
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- Shah Rukh, Ranbir, Abhishek and Amitabh clicked together at Pro Kabaddi League! Pics inside