Boost sports as career option, urges Suniel Shetty
Mumbai: The public has loads of expectations from the new Indian government led by Narendra Modi. Actor Suniel Shetty hopes it boosts sports as a career option.
"Abhishek (Bachchan) is supporting kabaddi and then the tennis league will happen. The new government should also be concerned about sports. I believe if football, hockey and cricket...all the sports are given a boost, then it can create an alternate career option for children," the 52-year-old said here Friday at a promotional cricket match.
The match was held for his film "Desi Kattey".
"In education also, if a kid excels in sports, then he should be given some extra marks for that and the government should definitely do something about it," he added.
Suniel has been associated with promoting multiple games, including boxing and hockey.
"Desi Kattey", his forthcoming film, directed by Anand Kumar, also stars Jay Bhanushali and Sasha Agha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- My parents are extremely supportive: Kaveri
- Disha Patani and I are 'good friends', says Tiger Shroff
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- Photo alert! Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s pre-wedding shoot looks like a fairytale