Can`t do without you: Mamata to Bachchan clan
Kolkata: Welcoming actor Amitabh Bachchan to the 19th Kolkata International Film Festival (KIFF) Sunday, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said the festival needed the actor and his family`s presence.
"We are really very grateful... last year Amitabhji had come... this year also he came... we are booking him and his full family for next year`s festival. We can`t do without you at all," Banerjee said, effusive in her gratitude to the star and his family. The chief minister was speaking at the opening ceremony of the festival at the Netaji Indoor Stadium here.
Bachchan was accompanied on the dais by his wife and actress Jaya, who hails from Bengal.
Cinema greats Shah Rukh Khan, Mithun Chakraborty and Kamal Haasan dazzled as they came together during the event.
"Kamal Haasan please do come again. Bengal loves you (Shah Rukh) always so you always have to be with us," she said to the stars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vin Diesel enjoys cutting chai with Deepika Padukone
- National award-winning filmmaker Deepak Roy dead at 67
- Sidharth Malhotra turns 32, B-Town wishes him more success
- Javed Akhtar, Vivek Agnihotri question 'azadi' for Zaira Wasim
- Shah Rukh Khan finds his conversations with son AbRam 'most enlightening'