Candyfloss romance fake, says Emraan Hashmi
Mumbai: Known as Bollywood`s serial kisser, actor Emraan Hashmi says he has never been able to understand the romantic genre, especially candyfloss one.
"I will never do candyfloss romance. I never understood that genre, I found it very fake. I never watch them. They do well at the box office, but I will never do it," Emraan said.
He entered Bollywood with 2002 movie ‘Raaz’ as Vikram Bhatt`s assistant director and a year later made his acting debut with 2003 ‘Footpath’, which did not do well.
But the 33-year-old enjoyed his share of success with films like ‘Murder’, ‘Gangster - A Love Story’, ‘Jannat’, ‘Raaz - The Mystery Continues’, ‘Awarapan’, ‘Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai’, ‘Murder 2’ and ‘The Dirty Picture’.
Talking about romance in real life, he said: "Romance has conflicts in real life as well, which is not shown in candy floss romance. Maybe we are like that in college, but later on we realise that there are responsibilities as well. To carry these on is a mature romance. I would rather do a mature romance," he added.
Now Emraan`s will be seen in romantic comedy ‘Ghanchakkar’, ‘Ek Thi Daayan’ and ‘Unglee’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hindu group wants Atif Aslam concert cancelled
- Government has to decide who can work in India: Saif Ali Khan
- Tannishtha Chatterjee slams racist attack on TV show, channel apologises
- 'Mirzya' story needed fresh faces: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- Ranbir Kapoor's family posts sweet messages for him on his birthday