Cannes 2013: Lunch comprising frogs and duck meat for Vidya Balan
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Getting to judge the prestigious Cannes Film Festival is a great high. But the perk also brought with it a meal of frogs and ducks!
This is what happened with jury member Vidya Balan when she was served the ‘grand lunch’ at the ongoing do. When the grand jury of the 66th Cannes Film Festival sat down for their lunch, a fine five course meal was served by the well-trained chefs and wait staff.
At the table were Steven Spielberg, Nicole Kidman, Lynne Ramsay, Vidya Balan, Naomi Kawase, Ang Lee and Daniel Auteuil.
The jury members were treated to a Fricassee of Frog & Clams with Foam Shell, Granita Lemon Marmalade Citrus Limoncello, Bresse chicken breast, leg ravioli with foie gras, Traou Mad Biscuit Rum Victoria White and Pineapple, Roasted Coconut Ice Cream & Lollipop Chocolate Rum Meringue.
Well, assuming that the palate of the other jury members are used to eating the cuisine they were served, we wonder whether Vidya would have liked the frog meal or not. After all, the Indian palate is far different from that of the European brethren.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vin Diesel enjoys cutting chai with Deepika Padukone
- National award-winning filmmaker Deepak Roy dead at 67
- Sidharth Malhotra turns 32, B-Town wishes him more success
- Javed Akhtar, Vivek Agnihotri question 'azadi' for Zaira Wasim
- Shah Rukh Khan finds his conversations with son AbRam 'most enlightening'