Cate Blanchett takes her sons backstage
Los Angeles: Hollywood actress Cate Blanchett enjoys taking her sons on as many film sets as possible so that they can experience her job and see how the movie industry works.
The 43-year-old actress has sons Dashiell, 11, Roman, eight, and Ignatius, four, with husband Andrew Upton. She had let them come backstage with her when she was filming "The Hobbit" so she and the crew could pass down the secrets of her trade to them, reports contactmusic.com.
"It`s like being a circus family, in the way doctors and lawyers don`t hide their children from what they do. It`s a pretty exciting place backstage and I filmed for eight days on `The Hobbit` and it was so exciting for them because they saw the 3D cameras, they watched all the stunt guys and could see how the film was put together, so it was good," she said.
She has taken a step back from acting in recent years to raise her sons.
"I haven`t done a film for quite a long time, because I`ve been doing theatre and taking care of my sons. It`s been great to be in Australia," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Preparing for your dream job? Opt for an in-person interview
- Badshah's Hindi cover of Justin Bieber’s 'Sorry' is out and, dayum, it's addictive!
- Max Landis writing 'Pepe Le Pew' movie!
- LOL: Never ever say these annoying things to a tall person! – Watch video
- Boyfriend material! Five signs that prove he is the ideal one for you
- Katrina Kaif in her little 'Twilight' zone with Robert Pattinson! Pic inside
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now
- Know what Salman Khan tweeted after Rajasthan High Court acquitted him in two black buck poaching cases
- Dimple Kapadia’s reaction to Naseeruddin Shah’s remarks about Rajesh Khanna is simple yet strong
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video