Celebrity chef Charlie Trotter dead
Los Angeles: Celebrity chef Charlie Trotter, owner of Charlie Trotter`s, one of the best restaurants in the US, is dead. He was 54.
According to The Chicago Tribune, Charlie was rushed to hospital from his Chicago home Tuesday morning after his family discovered him in an unconscious state. But he did not survive, reports contactmusic.com.
His wife Rochelle Trotter released a statement Tuesday night, addressing the sudden death of her husband.
"We are incredibly shocked and deeply saddened by the unexpected loss of Charlie at our home in Lincoln Park. He was much loved, and words can not describe how much he will be missed," she said.
"Charlie was a trailblazer and introduced people to a new way of dining when he opened Charlie Trotter`s. His impact upon American cuisine and the culinary world at large will always be remembered.
"We thank you so much for your kind words, love and support, we appreciate the respect for our privacy as we work through this difficult time," she added.
Details for the memorial service will be announced later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ayesha Takia responds to 'plastic surgery' rumours, shuts trolls with cryptic post!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' controversy: Shyam Benegal finds CBFC 'ban' on films unacceptable
- Amit Sadh keen to climb Mount Everest!
- Karan Johar's throwback picture from DEBUT role will blow your mind!
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!