Cheryl Cole ‘felt scared before heading for a morale-boosting trip to Afghanistan’
London: Cheryl Cole has revealed that ahead of her trip to Afghanistan, she was sure that there would be gunfire and bombs going off, and that by flying into a war zone she was putting her life in danger but “nothing was going to stop me”.
The 28-year-old R and B singer, who made her morale-boosting trip to Camp Bastion last month, made the confession when she jetted off from New York to attend the Pride of Britain Awards.
“Before I went out I was given war training which was pretty full-on and quite scary,” the Mirror quoted her as saying.
“They warn you about coping with all kinds of scary scenarios – things like having a gun put to your head.
“I was warned before I went out there that it could be dangerous. But nothing was going to stop me from going. And I’m just so glad I did,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Blake Lively feels 'Gossip Girl' reunion will be fun
- Hiddleston perfect to be next 007 agent: Caterina Murino
- Watch: Tiger Shroff - Jacqueline Fernandez’s fairytale romance in visually captivating song ‘Toota Jo Kabhi Tara’ from ‘A Flying Jatt’
- Burberry bosses sue Rapper Burberry
- Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan reunite for her directorial debut