Chhota Shakeel tip-off creates chaos at SRK’s Mannat

Spicezee Bureau

Mumbai: Even as Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan was celebrating his 45th birthday on the sets of ‘Don 2’ in Berlin with his family and close friends, Mumbai saw a huge drama unfolding at his palatial bungalow, Mannat.

According to the latest news, Mannat became a bastion on SRK’s birthday, 2nd November, with police cordoning off the entire area, following a tip-off that one of the visitors there would be attacked. Shell-shocked, the police sprang into action and began examining the gifts and bouquets sent to SRK for explosives.

Apparently, it all started with a call received by the police control room at 2.30pm. The anonymous called told the cops that “gutka baron Joshi” was going to be killed at Mannat and that his assassination was hatched by notorious gangster Chhota Shakeel.

The caller also added that sharp shooters were already working on the plan. Startled, the cops immediately began making enquiries about Joshi`s links with Shah Rukh Khan. After a while, they discovered that the certain Mr. Joshi was Sachin Joshi, son of `Goa Gutka` manufacturer J M Joshi. J M Joshi and Rasiklal Dhariwal of the Manikchand group are already facing a CBI probe for helping Dawood Ibrahim set up a gutka-manufacturing plant in Pakistan.

Talking to a news daily, a police officer said that cops found it hard to believe that Chhota Shakeel was trying to target Joshi - “However, we didn`t want to take any chances because the action was to happen at Mannat.”

It is believed that Sachin had been in touch with SRK to discuss certain business plans. “We expected Sachin would drop in to meet the actor`s staff to pursue this and perhaps convey his birthday greeting,” a police officer said.
However, the police alerted SRK’s staff at Mannat not to accept any gifts from strangers. Meanwhile, Sachin was unaware of the huge pandemonium surrounding him and came to know of it only when the police called him. “He was busy in a meeting at Powai when we informed him,” a police officer said.

At last, with the officers failing to make any headway, the operation was called off around 5.30pm.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link