Chris Brown to spend birthday behind bars
Los Angeles: Rapper Chris Brown will spend his 25th birthday behind bars after a judge who sentenced him to jail almost two months ago ruled he must remain incarcerated for at least another week.
Brown turns a year older May 5.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge James Brandlin jailed the R&B singer March 14, after Brown was dismissed from a rehab facility, violating the terms of his court-ordered anger-management treatment related to his 2009 assault of then-girlfriend Rihanna, reports contactmusic.com.
The ‘Kiss Kiss’ singer was back in court Thursday hoping to get the gift of freedom for his upcoming birthday, but Brandlin told him he would have to remain in jail for at least another week as he deals with ongoing legal woes.
It was ruled that Brown would remain incarcerated unless a resolution on the terms of his probation in the Rihanna case could be agreed between prosecutors and the star`s attorney Mark Geragos before a scheduled hearing May 9.
The singer also faces a misdemeanour assault trial in Washington relating to a fight outside a hotel last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What's cooking! When Deepika Padukone donned the chef hat – View pic
- No kids for John Abraham for now
- Watch: Arjun Kapoor makes his voice-over debut as 'Buck' in Hindi trailer of 'Ice Age Collision Course'!
- Shruti Haasan's latest Femina shoot will defy all norms of 'sitting awkwardly' – Pic inside
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui defends 'Babumoshai Bandookbaaz' director, says incident narrated by Chitrangada Singh didn't happen!