City Of Los Angeles to honour Anupam Kher
Mumbai: Veteran Bollywood actor Anupam Kher will be honoured by the City of Los Angeles Feb 26 at the City Council by its mayor Antonio Villaraigosa with a City Proclamation.
Anupam, who is zipping off to the city, said: "It is a big event because I am being honoured as an actor, and not only as an Indian actor. The Proclamation from the City of Los Angeles would be an endorsement of the fact that Asian actors are not seen as peculiar phenomena on a global platform."
"Of course, most of my films are Indian and I am an Indian actor. So I`d be representing my country in front of the city mayor," he added.
Anupam is also looking forward to another major event in Los Angeles.
On Feb 23, the Weinstein Company would host the Nominees` Dinner, a revered party for all the Oscar nominees every year.
This year, Anupam is invited too as he is a part of the Oscar-nominated film ‘Silver Linings Playbook’. He is undoubtedly excited.
"Since all the Oscar nominees would be there you can well imagine what the turn-out would be. I am looking forward to meeting the cast and directors of films like `Argo`, `Les Miserables`, `Lincoln` and `Django Unchained`. I think I am going to have myself quite a time in LA," added the 57-year-old.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!