Cliff Richard doesn`t regret not having kids
London: Legendary singer Cliff Richard has admitted that he never wanted children because starting a family would have got in the way of his career.
The 72-year-old star said that, while he believes he would have been a good father, he doesn`t regret his decision, reported Daily Mail.
"Being completely honest, it`s never bothered me. My three sisters have children, and it`s been wonderful to watch them grow up, get married and start families of their own," Richard was quoted as telling The Lady magazine.
"I`ve made sure I`ve always played a part in their lives. So while I think I would have been a good father, I`ve given myself to my family and I wouldn`t have it any other way. My `freedom` allows me to continue my career.
"Had I been married and with children I wouldn`t be able to do what I do now ? I wouldn`t want to do what I do now," said the singer who is planning to tour again.
Richard had his first hit in 1958, when he was 18. He has gone on to sell more than 20million records in the UK and is the only artist to have had a No 1 record in each of the five decades from the 1950s to the 1990s. He is preparing to hit the road again in June for his UK Midsummer Nights tour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deols should promote their films well, SRK told Dharmendra
- Spielberg's fan letter made Dwayne Johnson 'grin like a kid'
- 'Simpsons' creator Matt Groening sued by nanny for 'discrimination'
- Iggy Azalea slams media for trying to create 'beef' between her, Britney Spears
- 'Minions' filmmakers Chris Renaud wants to cast Chris Pratt as next 'villain'