Clint Eastwood supports gay marriage
Los Angeles: Veteran actor Clint Eastwood has joined more than 100 Republicans in signing a legal brief addressed to the US Supreme Court to voice his opposition towards the ban of same-sex marriage.
Six former governors, including Jon Huntsman of Utah and Christine Todd Whitman of New Jersey, are also among those who signed the brief organized by AFER (American Foundation for Equal Rights), reported Ace Showbiz.
The group is challenging California`s Proposition 8 ban, which overturned same-sex marriage in 2012.
"Gay marriage is actually in line with the Republican Party supporters` strong beliefs in family values, limited government and individual freedom.
"It was better for children to grow up with married parents, and that legalizing same-sex marriage would ease couples` access to benefits and rights afforded to heterosexual couples but would pose no credible threat to religious freedom or to the institution of religious marriage," the brief states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Noted Tamil lyricist Annamalai dies at 49
- I'm a survivor of sexual assault: Viola Davis
- Brad Pitt cancels red carpet appearance, cites 'family situation'
- Ranbir Kapoor shares birthday with aunt Rima; grand bash for friends set tonight! Deets inside
- Narendra Modi wishes Lata Mangeshkar on 87th birthday!