‘Cocktail’ creator Imtiaz Ali’s marriage on the rocks
Mumbai: Director Imtiaz Ali, whose latest offering ‘Cocktail’ released to packed theatres as recently as on Friday, is seeing himself through a divorce. His separation from his wife Priti was a hushed-up affair, the reason for which is being cited as the couple’s daughter Ida.
Imtiaz Ali and his wife have been separated for quite some time now, and their decision to finally call the marriage off has now seen the dawn of the day. The couple’s primary concern was their daughter’s protection, and in order to avoid gossipmongers, they decided to keep everything under the wraps.
The director, famous for his blockbusters ‘Jab We Met’, ‘Love Aaj Kal’ and ‘Rockstar’, had apparently fallen for Pakistani model and actress Iman Ali ever since they were introduced to each other. According to a source, “Iman was introduced to the director by mutual friends last year. Since then, they`ve became very close. In fact, just a day before the release of Rockstar, Imtiaz and Iman visited the Nizamuddin dargah in Delhi last year.”
Imtiaz Ali and his wife had been facing problems with their marriage for over a year. The decision of the divorce was a mutual one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan-born actor Marc Anwar apologises for racist rant about Indians
- Ronan Farrow pays tribute to brother Thaddeus
- UK police to probe Pakistan-born actor Marc Anwar's anti-India rant
- PM Narendra Modi lauds Amitabh Bachchan's latest 'Swachh Bharat Mission' video, urges people to make India open defecation free
- Mosquito breeding: Sushmita Sen served notice by BMC