Court issues notices to Aamir Khan, censor board
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court Monday issued notices to Bollywood actor-filmmaker Aamir Khan and two others in connection with the public exhibition of an objectionable song in his latest production venture `Delhi Belly`, a lawyer said.
While hearing a public interest litigation, seeking a ban on showing the controversial song "Bhag DK Bose", a division bench also issued notice to the censor board and Ram Sampat, the writer of the song.
The petition was moved by law graduate Saumitra Dwivedi.
"It was stated that the public exhibition of the (objectionable) song stands in violation of the `A` certificate given to the movie for its adult content, and therefore it should be screened only in the movie and not anywhere else," counsel Vinay Saran told reporters here.
"The division bench has given two weeks time to Khan and others to file their reply. The next date of hearing has been fixed Aug 9," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonam Kapoor joins fight to make India hunger-free
- #Sandesh2Soldiers campaign: Aamir Khan, Salman and Akshay Kumar's special message to soldiers on Diwali
- Akshay Kumar is good health ambassador of 'Jaan Bachao' campaign
- Anushka Sharma singing 'Bulleya' to her pet dog is the cutest video you will see today!
- At 60, Mel Gibson all set to welcome ninth child!