Court sets Fardeen Khan free in cocaine case
Mumbai: Actor Fardeen Khan will not be tried in the much published cocaine case anymore.
The actor heaved a sigh of relief when charges framed against him were dropped by the Mumbai sessions court, acquitting him from a jail term.
The actor was booked in the case of cocaine seizure in 2001 for buying 1 gm of cocaine from a drug dealer in Mumbai.
The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) had arrested Fardeen in Juhu in northwest Mumbai on May 5, 2001 on charges of possessing cocaine.
But after a long court battle Fardeen has now been granted immunity from prosecution in the case on the condition that he will undergo a detoxification process, apparently, which he has already completed.
The court nevertheless said that if he is arrested for a similar offence in the future then the immunity against him shall be withdrawn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sanah intimidated more by dad Pankaj Kapur than Shahid
- Hindi music industry is ruled by Bollywood: Ehsaan Noorani
- Former 'Bigg Boss' contestant Rahul Mahajan beats girlfriend?
- What's Aditya Chopra's special plan for wife Rani Mukerji?
- Watch: Pooja Misrra creates ruckus, beats store staff in Delhi’s Karol Bagh