Critical comments don`t bother Abhishek Bachchan
Mumbai: Actor Abhishek Bachchan, who often interacts with his fanbase through social networking mediums, says being a celebrity, he is always ready for both appreciation and criticism on the web space.
He posts on Twitter often.
"Twitter is a public platform and people have the right to express themselves on it freely. If I am on Twitter, then I feel that I am willing to listen to whatever is there in the public domain," the 37-year-old said here Saturday while inaugurating the country`s first Social Media Lab for the Mumbai police.
"If somebody writes an objectionable tweet, then I can block or unfollow the person. That is my decision! Being a public figure, you get a lot of positive and negative tweets. It doesn`t bother me," he added.
The Social Media Lab will have a team of 20 police officers who will research on the kind of topics and discussions that take place on social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter.
Meanwhile, Abhishek is currently busy shooting for ‘Dhoom 3: Back in Action’. His other films ‘Happy New Year’ and ‘Dostana 2’ will go on floors soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- My parents are extremely supportive: Kaveri
- Disha Patani and I are 'good friends', says Tiger Shroff
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- Photo alert! Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s pre-wedding shoot looks like a fairytale