Dad will direct me at right time: Alia Bhatt
Mumbai: Two-film old Alia Bhatt, who is craving to be directed by her father and filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, is hopeful that one day he will write a script for her and direct her too.
Asked when her dad would direct her, she said: “Even I have that question…it will happen for sure. It will happen at the right time.”
“It will have to be a film like ‘Aashiqui 2’, which will be remembered. I have tried to convince him many times… he will write for me for sure,” she added.
The much-admired filmmaker, who has been applauded for wielding the megaphone for films such as “Saaransh”, “Arth” and “Naam”, had launched his elder daughter Pooja Bhatt with his directorial venture “Daddy” in 1989 and later made hits like “Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin” and “Zakhm” with her.
But post “Kartoos” (1999), Mahesh retired from directing and now produces films and nurtures new talent under his banner Vishesh Films.
Alia started off with typical Bollywood masala potboiler “Student of The Year”. She may not have won high praise for the film, but she wowed everyone with her second film “Highway”.
Now all eyes are set on her next - much-talked about “2 States”, a big screen adaptation of Chetan Bhagat’s similarly titled bestseller.
When asked if her dad gives any acting tips, she said: “He thinks this is not the right time to give tips. He is a great director and I think he feels that when she (Alia) will work with me that time I will give her tips.”
Meanwhile, the actress is busy promoting “2 States”, coming out April 10, and it will see her romancing Arjun Kapoor on the big screen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jenner-Kardashian women grace Cosmopolitan's cover
- 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' will be super duper hit: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- 'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli's ropes in Mohanlal for Rs 1,000 cr project 'Garuda'?
- See in pics: Varun Dhawan's 'Dilwale' diaries!
- Priyanka Chopra finds 'Dilwale', 'Bajirao Mastani' Box Office clash unfortunate
- See in pic: Harbhajan Singh and Geeta Basra’s gorgeous wedding card!
- OMG! Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone spotted kissing each other!
- Musicians are the superior gifts from heaven: Amitabh Bachchan
- Standards set by Priyanka Chopra make Parineeti work too hard!
- Shashi Kapoor receives lifetime achievement honour