David Jason penned life story to quash rumours
London: British actor David Jason penned his autobiography in order to quash rumours about his private life.
The 73-year-old actor, who played a market trader in the BBC hit sitcom `Only Fools and Horses`, likes to keep his family and personal life private but decided to write his life story to avoid false biographies later, Contactmusic reported.
"The fact of the matter is that I`ve always tried to keep my private life to myself and to my family, and my professional life as an actor, which I really enjoy and love and all that, has always been quite separate. But I was sort of put in a position where because of my longevity in the business, they said to me if I didn`t do it somebody else would," Jason said.
"They have already done a couple of biographies which were not that accurate, not that good, and I thought no, wait a minute - I don`t like the idea of being ripped off. So here we are," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: After political backfire, Aamir Khan asks wife to leave Mumbai?
- Intolerance issue: Sedition case filed against Aamir Khan
- Intolerance issue: AR Rahman expresses solidarity with Aamir Khan, says he too faced similar situation
- Intolerance issue: Here’s what Raveena Tandon feels
- Intolerance row: Police complaint against Aamir Khan; protests soar outside residence