Deepti Naval sees Sridevi, Madhuri in ‘Yaariyaan’ newbie Rakul Preet
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Rakul Preet, who is set to enter Bollywood with ‘Yaariyaan’; the directorial debut of T-Series’ head honcho Bhushan Kumar’s wife Divya Kumar, is flattered.
While shooting for the upcoming movie, her senior co-star; the critically acclaimed Deepti Naval, praised Rakul to the skies; comparing her with Bollywood stalwarts such as Sridevi and Madhuri Dixit.
“I’m pleasantly surprised as much as I am delighted with the praise,” beams Rakul.
The newbie is a trained Bharatnatyam dancer and Deepti Naval is keen she pursues dance more seriously.
“Deepti mam feels I should capitalise on my Indian looks and hone my dancing skills. She told me, she felt that none after Madhuri or Sridevi has taken that place.”
Rakul has earlier proved her versatility, starting out with films in the South. She also made her mark a year ago, when she participated in the Miss India beauty pageant.
The girl won various titles like Miss India People’s Choice, Miss Beautiful Eyes, Miss Beautiful Smile, Miss Fresh Face, Miss Talented, and emerged the third runner-up finalist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anushka Sharma and Diljit Dosanjh’s ‘Phillauri’ picks up steam at the Box Office
- Sushant Singh Rajput's 'Romeo Akbar Walter' posters unveiled!
- Gudi Padwa 2017: Timing, Tithi and Vidhi
- Spiritual retreats may uplift mood, behaviour
- Aadhaar verification boosts user confidence on matrimonial sites, reveals survey