Did everything I could to save Amy: Mitch Winehouse
London: Amy Winehouse`s father Mitch says he desperately tried to guide his daughter away from the path of drug and alcohol fuelled self-destruction before her untimely death last year at the age of 27.
Mitch has recently published a tell-all book about his daughter and he said that he and his family couldn`t have done any more to help the troubled star beat her drink and drug demons, reported a website.
"We did everything we could, other than kidnapping her and locking her in a room. You can`t do that," he said.
In a bid to maintain the good name of his daughter, Mitch has set up the Amy Winehouse Foundation, which aims to help disadvantaged young people.
He said that he saw the foundation as something to maintain her legacy of Amy.
"Amy didn`t leave a list of instructions but we know she loved kids and we`re trying to help as many as we can," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Lady Gaga met Dalai Lama!
- Rajinikanth doing well, in US for medical test: Brother
- Vivek Oberoi to be seen in 'No Smoking' commercial
- Shahid Kapoor’s on-screen cousin 'Jassi' from 'Udta Punjab' will make you go weak in the knees – Pics inside
- THIS Bollywood director inspired Tusshar Kapoor to try surrogacy!