Didn`t know Alia could sing: Mahesh Bhatt
Mumbai: Filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, whose daughter Alia Bhatt has crooned a song in her second film ‘Highway’, says he had no idea she could sing as well.
"It was a surprise for me! I had no idea that she also sings so well. When she become versatile and goddess Saraswati blessed her, we have no idea," the 65-year-old said here at an event here.
Alia has crooned ‘Sooha saha’ for the movie, which released Feb 21.
The 20-year-old is getting a good response for her performance in ‘Highway’, a road film directed by Imtiaz Ali.
Alia recently said that she would love to be in a film made by her father, but Mahesh Bhatt says there are no plans for this as yet.
"No, we don`t think that way. We make films and it`s not like we have decided not to work together. She has her own journey, if there is something, then we will do it otherwise it`s not necessary," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Communities of colour still being crushed: John Legend
- Top lesser known facts about fabled cartoonist Sudhir Tailang
- Renowned Indian cartoonist Sudhir Tailang passes away at 55
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Michael Jackson's daughter hits out at 'expectations'