Dilip Kumar recovering, needs rest: Saira Banu
Mumbai: Legendary actor Dilip Kumar is on his road to recovery but needs lot of rest, his wife Saira Banu said today.
"He has to overcome the problem and it will take some time. But he is recovering. This morning he got up and had tea. He needs to rest. I thank all the fans and well wishers for their prayers and request them to continue with it," Saira Banu said.
The 90-year-old actor was admitted to Lilavati hospital in suburban Bandra on Sunday after suffering a heart attack. He is in still in the ICU.
When asked when he will be discharged, Banu said, "He will come home soon."
Kumar was born Muhammad Yusuf Khan on December 11, 1922, in Peshawar (now in Pakistan) and his acting career spanned six decades and over 60 films.
Known as the `King of Tragedy`, he gave memorable performances in films like `Devdas`, `Madhumati`, `Mughal-e-Azam`, `Ganga Jamuna`, `Karma`, `Ram Aur Shyam` and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- My parents are extremely supportive: Kaveri
- Disha Patani and I are 'good friends', says Tiger Shroff
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- Photo alert! Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s pre-wedding shoot looks like a fairytale