Dilip Kumar still in ICU, under observation
Mumbai: Veteran actor Dilip Kumar is recovering but continues to remain in the intensive care unit at a hospital here as he is still under observation.
He was admitted to Lilavati hospital in suburban Bandra on Sunday after suffering a heart attack.
"He (Dilip Kumar) is recovering. He is still in ICU and is under observation... But all is well. There is nothing to worry. He will have to be there in hospital for three more days," sources close to the actor said today.
The 90-year-old thespian had suffered a heart attack on Sunday.
He had undergone a heart surgery 14 years ago.
Dilip Kumar is known for his memorable performances in films like `Mughal-e-Azam`, `Madhumati`, `Devdas`, `Ganga Jamuna`, `Kranti` and `Karma`.
He was crowned as the tragedy king of Bollywood for playing a doomed lover in films like `Andaz`, `Baabul`, `Mela`, `Deedar` and `Jogan` and others. His last film was `Qila` in 1998.
He was honoured with the Padma Bhushan in 1991 and the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 1994.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'A visionary passes away' - Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- Renault India ropes in Ranbir Kapoor as brand ambassador
- Looking forward to M S Dhoni biopic: Irfan Pathan
- Ace comedian Kapil Sharma celebrates his US-Canada show's success
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover sizzling love in Maldives?