Dimple Kapadia turns 57!
Zee Media Bureau/Parul Sabherwal
New Delhi: Yesteryears Bollywood diva Dimple Kapadia is celebrating her 57th birthday today. Dimple has been one of the most talented actresses of all times and her sense of style made her a fashion icon in the 70s.
Dimple Chunnibhai Kapadia, began her career at the age of 16 with Raj Kapoor`s film Bobby in 1973. In the same year she married B-town heartthrob Rajesh Khanna and took break from films to spend some time with the family.
It was only after her separation with Rajesh Khanna in 1982 that she decided to make a comeback to Bollywood. After a break of almost a decade she featured in Ramesh Sippy`s `Sagar` and won the prestigious Filmfare Award for best actress.
Dimple Kapadia has been one of the most versatile actresses in the industry. From sporting a bikini at the age of 16 in her debut film to playing the love interest of Akshaye Khanna in 2001 film `Dil Chahta Hai`, the actress has done almost everything.
The gorgeous actress has given several power packed performances which include films like- `Kash`, `Drishti`, `Rudali`, `Insaaf`, `Being Cyrus` and `Ram Lakhan`. Dimple also won the National Award for her role in `Rudali`.
So, on this special day we would like to wish Dimple Kapadia a very “Happy Birthday” and all the best for her upcoming projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What's cooking! When Deepika Padukone donned the chef hat – View pic
- No kids for John Abraham for now
- Watch: Arjun Kapoor makes his voice-over debut as 'Buck' in Hindi trailer of 'Ice Age Collision Course'!
- Shruti Haasan's latest Femina shoot will defy all norms of 'sitting awkwardly' – Pic inside
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui defends 'Babumoshai Bandookbaaz' director, says incident narrated by Chitrangada Singh didn't happen!