Director Punit Malhotra turns actor with `Waisi Waali Khushi`
Mumbai: Punit Malhotra, who directed `I Hate Luv Storys`, will now face the camera for his acting debut ‘Waisi Waali Khushi’, a short film by Samar Khan.
Confirming Punit`s presence in the movie, Khan told reporters: "He is a good friend, so I asked him to act in it and I must say, it has come up very well. He has done a wonderful job."
"It`s a short film. The length of the film is 12 and a half minutes," added Khan, who has earlier helmed films like ‘Shaurya’ and ‘Kuchh Meetha Ho Jaye’.
Khan says the film will initially release online March 14, and in future, he plans to club five to six short films into one, and release it commercially.
With a film like ‘Bombay Talkies’, which is an amalgamation of four different films, seeing the light of the day, Khan hopes for many more short films to get a commercial release.
"I would say it`s great that `Bombay Talkies` is releasing commercially. It`s a four short films directed by four directors. I hope many more such films release in future. This is just the beginning," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Plagiarism in Fashion needs serious attention'
- Attention cinema lovers! A sequel to Rajinikanth’s ‘Kabali’ in the pipeline?
- Karishma Tanna breaks silence on breakup with Upen Patel! - Read here
- Photo alert! Katrina Kaif and Sidharth Malhotra’s latest still from 'Baar Baar Dekho' is dayum hot
- Box Office report: Varun Dhawan, John Abraham's 'Dishoom' mints Rs 11.05 crore on opening day