Don`t commercialise art: Kunal Kohli
Mumbai: Filmmaker Kunal Kohli rues how people have started viewing art as an investment rather than appreciating it as art itself. The son of art curator Yash Kohli says people should focus more on real art and not commercialise it.
"Nowadays, what happens is that art has become more of an investment. Now people don`t look at art as art, they look at art more as an investment. This has become a big thing today. So, I think people should start looking at art more as art once again and not more just as an investment," Kunal said here Friday at the launch of an art gallery, named Gallery.
He believes people see "which artist is selling (his paintings), so let me buy that".
"The commercialisation of the art should be less focussed upon and the real art should come back in the foreground," he added.
Kunal, an ardent lover of art himself, further said: "We all enjoy art. We have a rich culture and heritage of art and architecture in our country."
Kunal`s last Bollywood directorial was ‘Teri Meri Kahaani’ in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Iulia Vantur finally opens up about marriage rumours with Salman Khan!
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Preity Zinta's cousin brother shoots himself in Shimla, police recover suicide notes
- Most searched male celebrity list 2016: Kapil Sharma beats Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan