Don`t eat pakodas, go vote on polling day: Kapil Sharma
New Delhi: People should realize that polling day is not an occasion to sit at home and eat pakodas, but to exercise their franchise for a better government, said noted comedian Kapil Sharma.
Attired in a white kurta pyjama and a pink Nehru jacket, he said here Friday that only voting can improve the future of the country and form a potent democracy.
Kapil, the host of popular show "Comedy Nights With Kapil", has been roped in by the Delhi poll panel as its brand ambassador to woo the voters in the capital, so that they come ahead to exercise their voting rights.
He himself does not have a voter ID card. However, he said that he has specially requested the poll panel to issue him a voter identity card as being the ambassador, it becomes must for him to vote during the polls.
“When I was in Amritsar my name was enrolled in the electoral list but after moving to Mumbai, I could not get my name transferred," said Kapil.
The event was part of the the poll panel’s initiative called SVEEP-Systematic Voters Electoral Participation. The events involve popular celebrities exhorting people to go out and vote.
The polls panel has also roped in Indian cricket player Virat Kohli and Bollywood actress Soha Ali Khan as the brand ambassadors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia Bhatt reacts to Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video – Details inside
- Would love to work with Vidya, Aditya: Kunaal Roy Kapur
- Sonam Kapoor DEFENDS Tanmay Bhat – Here's what she said
- Video alert! ‘Crazy’ Deepika Padukone, Homi Adajania on the sets of Sushant Singh Rajput’s ‘Raabta’
- Revealed! All you want to know about Geeta Basra's baby shower – Details inside