Dustin Hoffman`s career was an accident
London: Actor-director Dustin Hoffman says he cannot understand how he managed to become such a famous actor as he was always told he was a "real loser".
The 75-year-old, who shot to fame after starring in `The Graduate` in 1967, doesn`t think he was meant to have a successful career, reported Daily Star.
"I really believed I was a freak accident when I became famous after `The Graduate`. It wasn`t meant to be. I don`t dislike myself, I`ve learned that I don`t have any choice but to live with myself.
"I couldn`t fix my concentration in school. I think that was implanted in me because now there is nothing more that I love than reading and writing. In those days I was called a `real kind of comedian`, which in those days means, `You`re a real loser`," he said.
Hoffman credits therapy for saving his life. PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!