Ek Tha Black Tiger: Real life tale of a true patriot
New Delhi: While the nation is thronging to movie theaters in overwhelming numbers to see Bollywood super star Salman Khan kick butt in style in ‘Ek Tha Tiger’, it is important to know the lesser known facts about the real ‘Tiger’ of India who lived every day of his life to save the lives of his countrymen.
Meet Ravinder Kaushik, a trained theater artist and more than that a thorough patriot whose desire to save the nation took him to Pakistan as a spy at the time when Pakistan was plotting hard to start a war with India.
Ravinder was sent to Pakistan by RAW as Nabi Ahmed where he did a course in law and then after, joined the Pakistan Army. Later, he was promoted to the rank of a ‘Major’, fell hopelessly in love with a Muslim girl and married her.
Between 1979 and 1983, he sent secret information from Pakistan to RAW which helped a great deal to the Indian defense forces. The data that he sent came handy to the Indian soldiers in killing at least 50 Pakistani troopers in Pahalgaon. For that matter, he was conferred with the title of ‘Black Tiger’ by the Indian government in tenure at that time.
Unfortunately, Ravinder was caught by Pakistan and he was awarded death sentence which was later reduced to life time imprisonment. During his entire lifetime, he was brutally tortured in the various prisons he was kept. His letters to his homeland revealed the dreadful living conditions and barbaric acts of the officials in the Pakistani jails which made him contract pulmonary TB and Asthma. In one of his letters to his family, he wrote "“Kya Bharat jaise bade desh ke liye kurbani dene waalon ko yahi milta hai? (Is this the reward a person gets for sacrificing his life for India?)” but the government failed to rescue him and even provide proper funds to Ravinder`s family to lead their lives.
On 21 November, 2001, India’s Black Tiger breathed his last and was buried behind the jail at Mianwali in Pakistan.
Ravinder Kaushik is a man who did not repent even once on his decision to give a good 30 years of his life to his country. Most heartfelt thanks to the Black Tiger for saving thousands of lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ashton Kutcher: Don't print paparazzi pics of my baby girl
- 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2' to hit theaters in March 2016
- One dead in shootout at Mumbai Film City, tweets Amitabh Bachchan
- Taylor Swift's 'Bad Blood' breaks Vevo record with 20.1m views in 1day
- Maggie Gyllenhaal rejected for a role as she's too old
- 'My Best Friend's Wedding' gets Chinese remake
- Being Human 'Veer Campaign' to help in skill training 5 lakh people with disabilities
- Paul McCartney pens new songs for film adaptation of his book
- 'Toy Story 4' to be a brand new chapter: John Lasseter
- Looking good allows better performance: Sunidhi on weight loss
- Rebel Wilson sparks Mickey Gooch Jr dating rumors
- Puri Jagannath to work with Nithiin before Chiranjeevi
- Jyotika's comeback film rakes in over Rs.8 crore
- Small role in Mahesh Babu's film means a lot: Tejaswini
- Karan Johar praises 'Baahubali - The Beginning'
- Not easy to scare audiences anymore: Arulnithi
- First look of Kamal Haasan's 'Thoongaavanam' out on May 25
- Jr. NTR delights fans with the glimpse of his son
- Esha Gupta to undergo workshop for Telugu debut
- Europe beckons Ram Charan
- Jyotika thanks fans for `36 Vayadhinile` success
- HC directs actor Sarathkumar to complete shooting by August 31
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'