Ekta Kapoor takes acting tips from Vishal Bhardwaj
Mumbai: When filmmaker Ekta Kapoor decided to make her acting debut with TV show ‘Ek Thi Naayika’, she turned to Vishal Bhardwaj for acting tips.
‘Ek Thi Naayika’ is a especially designed TV series to promote Ekta and Bhardwaj`s co-production venture ‘Ek Thi Daayan’, a supernatural thriller that revolves around witches and hits screens April 18.
For the TV show, to be aired on Life OK channel, eight leading ladies from the samll screen - Sakshi Tanwar, Smriti Irani, Mouli Ganguly, Pooja Gor, Aamna Sharif, Kritika Kamra, Shweta Tiwari and Ankita Lokhande - have been roped in.
When Ekta was asked to do a cameo by the cast, she decided to take help from Bhardwaj, who will also be seen facing the camera for the series, said a statement.
Ahead of her acting debut, Ekta said: "Don`t ever expect me to act because I will be bad at it... I don`t mind playing a tree. As long as I don`t have dialogue, I can stand in a scene."
She said her role is "small".
"I will take my cue from Vishal. He will be experienced by then, as he too is making his TV debut in `Ek Thi Naayika`," said Ekta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!