Emma is ‘not a cougar like other mid-aged Hollywood actresses’
London: Actress Emma Thompson said that middle-aged Hollywood actresses, who move with younger partners, are ‘predatory’.
"I don’t get it. It seems predatory and I don’t really approve," a news daily quoted Thompson, who herself is seven years older than her husband Greg Wise, as saying of the so called "Cougar" phenomenon.
However, Thompson- who won an Oscar for her screenplay to ‘Sense and Sensibility’- did not name names.
Speaking during Harper’s Bazaar Women of the Year Awards, where she won a prize for Role Model of the Year, she said, "It’s easy to be flattered, but I am no cougar.
"I’ve had a lot of male attention here from budding young actors asking about getting on in show business. One even asked me how to change his agent.
"It got me thinking about the cougar thing. I am a happily married woman, but, even if I was single, I wouldn’t be up for it," she said.
Thompson made clear that she was not referring to Sam Taylor-Wood, 43, the artist and film director, who gave birth to a child earlier this year by her fiancé, Aaron Johnson, 22.
Thompson said Taylor-Wood was a friend and a "very nice person" who was "not predatory", which she associated with the term "cougar".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why not: Kangana Ranaut on getting married more than once
- Can you believe it? Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh danced to 'Dilli Wali Girlfriend' setting the party on fire!- WATCH
- Pakistan to ban Sunny Leone song?
- Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson became more popular after death: Amitabh Bachchan
- Black with a hint of gold, Sonam Kapoor's debonair suit will win your heart!