Emma Thompson and mother get honorary degrees
London: Oscar winner Emma Thompson celebrated a rare accomplishment with her mother Phyllida Law when they both received honorary degrees from the same school in Scotland.
The actresses, who have starred in a number of films together, were made doctors during a special ceremony at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland in Glasgow, reported Daily Star.
"It is our best starring role together, definitely. We have not received anything like this before and we both feel slightly fraudulent because when I told my son, he asked, `How many essays did you have to write to get that?` So we feel really lucky that we now get to put `doctor` in front of our names and pretend we are important," Thompson said.
Meanwhile, Law, who was born in the city, said, "It is great fun to be able to do this together, much better than collecting it on your own and to get it in Glasgow is great."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hrithik Roshan's intense 'Kaabil' POSTER will leave you intrigued!
- Ranbir Kapoor kickstarts 'Dragon' with a party!
- Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan to recreate 'Karan Arjun' magic? Check out what the duo said
- Narendra Modi making Nehru jacket fashionable again, believes Shantanu
- Ten practices to lead spiritual and blissful life!
- Prayers for Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa ji's health, tweets Rishi Kapoor
- Himesh Reshammiya reveals similarities between Salman Khan, Iulia Vantur
- Here's what Elena Kazan said after getting evicted from 'Bigg Boss' season 10
- Iulia Vantur finally opens up about marriage rumours with Salman Khan!
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!