Emma Watson no more the face of Burberry
London: `Harry Potter` actress Emma Watson has been replaced as the face of Burberry by model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.
The actress has appeared in campaigns for the British fashion house since last year, but now model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley will front ads for the label`s autumn and winter collections.
The decision to drop Emma, 20, has come as a surprise to many as Burberry`s sales were boosted throughout Emma`s stint.
"Emma was a huge success. Everyone expected her to be used again," femalefirst.co.uk quoted a source as saying.
The brand`s creative director Christopher Bailey has previously spoken of his admiration for Emma, saying she was the "perfect" person to advertise the fashion house`s latest campaigns.
"I love people like Emma Watson, who are always so excited by life. Our friendship is an organic thing. We had done a few things together and she regularly wore our clothes to events, so for me she was already a part of the Burberry family," said Bailey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hindu group wants Atif Aslam concert cancelled
- Government has to decide who can work in India: Saif Ali Khan
- Tannishtha Chatterjee slams racist attack on TV show, channel apologises
- 'Mirzya' story needed fresh faces: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- Ranbir Kapoor's family posts sweet messages for him on his birthday