Emraan Hashmi avoids unidimensional characters
New Delhi: Actor Emraan Hashmi might have played the role of a lover boy in several Bollywood movies in the past, but he won`t opt for roles that don`t have "any depth" or "logic".
The 34-year-old, who started his career with the 2003 movie ‘Footpath’, went on to do commercial films like ‘Zeher’ and others.
"I have always liked very clear characters. I don`t like unidimensional `hero characters` because they don`t have any depth, background or logic behind them. Characters are flesh and blood, living people, who you can relate to," Emraan said.
"I can`t do the stuff that other people do. Some commercial people might do unidimensional roles, which are okay for them, but don`t work for me," he added.
The actor earned the tag of a `serial kisser` after locking lips with his co-stars in the films he has done till date.
But later he shifted towards character-driven roles with ‘Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai’, ‘The Dirty Picture’ and ‘Ek Thi Daayan’.
When asked if it was an intentional move to get an image makeover, Emraan said: "There is no strong need to do that. My perspective of things is just to do different characters. There is no desperation to do anything other than my image. But for my own good, I want to do different characters and roles."
In his latest release ‘Ek Thi Daayan’, Emraan is seen playing a magician. He will soon be seen in director Rajkumar Gupta`s movie ‘Ghanchakkar’, in which he plays a guy who has come up in life the hard way. His co-star in the film is Vidya Balan. The movie is slated to release June 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- 'Casino Royale' actress Caterina Murino was sleepless over rape cases in India
- Arjun Rampal's mother fights cancer, actor prays for her good health
- Adele plants kiss on fan's lips
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?