Emraan Hashmi plays Maharashtrian in `Ghanchakkar`
Mumbai: Actor Emraan Hashmi will play a Maharashtrian character in ‘Ghanchakkar’, says the film`s director Rajkumar Gupta.
"It is true that Emraan Hashmi is playing a Maharashtrian in `Ghanchakkar`. It is interesting because I think he hasn`t played one in his career. The film has been entirely shot in Mumbai," said Gupta.
The film is about a quirky marriage between a Maharashtrian man and a loud Punjabi housewife essayed by Vidya Balan.
"Vidya speaks Punjabi in the film, but you will have to wait to see how Emraan got the nuances of playing a Maharashtrian," said Gupta.
Emraan`s character is called Sanjay Athray, born and brought up in Mumbai. He is shown to be a guy who has come up in life the hard way, someone who was a lock picker in his early days, but who now lives a respectable life.
‘Ghanchakkar’ will release June 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia my inspiration for doing 'Shaandaar': Shahid
- Raksha Bandhan: The crazy video by Akshay Kumar with sister will leave you in splits!
- Alia Bhatt will never make 'first move' in relationships
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Newlyweds Shahid-Mira make fashion debut at Masaba's LFW show