Fans bid tearful adieu to Indian Idol 2 winner Sandeep Acharya
Bikaner: The mortal remains of Indian Idol 2 winner Sandeep Acharya were consigned to flames at his native place here on Monday.
Family members, friends and fans bade a teary-eyed adieu to the singer who died in a private hospital in Gurgaon in Haryana at the age of 29 yesterday.
Hundreds attended the funeral of Acharya, who was afflicted with jaundice for the past few days, at Chokhuti cremation ground in Bikaner town.
Acharya, who had performed in stage shows, was crowned the winner of singing reality show `India Idol Season 2` on April 22, 2006.
The playback singer, who is survived by his wife and a month-old daughter, had won the award for best new Bollywood talent in New Jersey, USA.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts
- Influential theatre and opera director Luc Bondy dead at 67
- No one better than Ranveer, Deepika as Bajirao and Mastani: Priyanka
- Bigg Boss 9: Rimi Sen does not choose to leave house, Priya Malik wins immunity and captainship!
- Darshan Kumar excited to share screen space with Aishwarya