Farhan Akhtar teams up with Sennheiser to promote MARD
Chennai: Leading microphones and headphones brand Sennheiser will popularise actor-singer Farhan Akhtar`s social campaign MARD (Men Against Rape and Discrimination).
It will redesign Farhan`s Sennheiser-SKM 2000 microphone to embody his cause with the `MARD moustache` design.
Akhtar conceived MARD after an incident in August 2012 where a Mumbai lawyer was sexually assaulted and then killed by her watchman. Akhtar launched his campaign in March 2013. The campaign has been supported by Bollywood celebrities and women`s right activists across India.
"The tools I use to connect with my audience are important means to spread the message about MARD. In a society where a moustache is associated with masculinity, I wanted a microphone that embodies that message and also strongly supports our campaign towards spreading awareness of gender equality," Farhan said in a statement:
"I have been performing with the Sennheiser SKM 2000 series microphone and feel very comfortable with it. I was pleasantly surprised when Sennheiser offered to support the MARD cause with the new design on my microphone. It sounds beautiful and looks even better now," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer 'Manto' a very big project for me: Nandita Das
- Motherhood teaches you priorities in life: Farah Khan
- Chetan Bhagat shares a trivia about Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor's 'Half Girlfriend'
- Working with Amitabh Bachchan was always on my wish list: Esha Gupta
- 'Dangal' director's next film with Sajid Nadiadwala