Farmhouses of singer Mika, others sealed in Gurgaon
Chandigarh: The district administration in Gurgaon Thursday sealed several illegal farmhouses, including that of popular Bollywood singer Mika Singh, in village Roz Ka Gujjar.
A state government spokesman said here that the farmhouses were illegally running small tourism units and other commercial activities.
"As per the orders of Deputy Commissioner P.C. Meena, a team of local officers, including SDM (sub-divisional magistrate), Gurgaon South, Vivek Kalia, District Town Planner Anil Dabas, Divisional Forest Officer Ranjeeta, officials of the revenue department and Haryana State Pollution Control Board (HSPCB) with the help of police inspected the farm houses. On finding commercial activities there, these farm houses were sealed," the spokesman said.
Meena had directed district officials to inspect the Roz ka Gujjar village area in Sohna tehsil of the district for violations by illegal farm houses.
The National Green Tribunal had raised objection to running of commercial activities in village Roz Ka Gujjar, saying that 75 percent area falls under forest area.
In February this year, the district authorities had recovered 10 acres of land from singer Daler Mehndi, elder brother of Mika Singh.
The court of the SDM at Sohna in Haryana had served Daler a 15-day notice for another 100 acres of land in his possession.
The court restored the possession of 10 acres land under occupation of the singer to the Sohna town municipal committee.
"In the light of tourism activities going on in the area, which is a non-forestry activity, notices were issued and the owners were asked to stop commercial activities," the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navratri 2016: Did you know there is a colour code which you can follow?
- Ajay Devgn and Abigail Eames in ‘Raatein’ from ‘Shivaay’ will melt your heart! Watch song
- Deepika Padukone to play King Ashoka’s daughter on reel?
- 'Folksong Festival' radio host Oscar Brand dies at 96
- Biopic on Dhoni made tax free in UP
- Why daddys always save their sons: Kangana Ranaut on Hrithik controversy
- Anupam Kher to play politician in 'Welcome Back Gandhi'
- Karan Patel deletes his angry social media post against Pakistan – Know why
- Anushka Sharma does an impromptu gig in Libson
- Harshvardhan has daddy Anil Kapoor helping him with Mirzya promotions