Farooq Sheikh: `The man who believed in celebrating life`
Zee Media Burea/ Harpreet Kaur
Born in a zamindar`s family, Farooq Sheikh`s childhood was spent in luxurious surroundings. Before venturing into films, he followed his father`s footsteps, and took up law. But later he realised that he couldn`t relate to this and all thanks to his friend Ramesh Talwar, who introduced him to, MS Sathyu - the director of `Garm Hava` - who gave him his first break in Bollywood. Very few people know that the 65-year old actor, who proved himself to be a good actor and a humble host, agreed to do his first movie for free.
`Garm Hava` gave him the exposure he required, following which he received many film offers from notable filmmakers likeSatyajit Ray. He went on to do remarkable movies which includes Satyajit Ray`s `Shatranj Ke Khiladi`, `Noorie`, `Chashme Buddoor`, `Kissi Se Na Kehna` and `Umrao Jaan`.
Like most veteran actors, Farooq Sheikh too, made a successful pair with an actress, named Deepti Naval. In 1990`s Sheikh appeared in fewer movies some of which were- `Saas Bahu Aur Sensex` and `Lahore`. He was honoured with `National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor` in 2010 for the latter.
Apart from entertaining the audience on the silver screen, he also did many successful serials in small screen as well, which includes- `Chamatkar`, `Ji Matriji`, `Shrikant` etc. However, one can`t forget Farooq Sheikh clad in a simple kurta, playing a humble host to the eminent personalities in his most renowned talk show `Jeena Isi Ka Naam Hai`.
In an interview to a daily, the actor had expressed that he has no desire of being remembered after his death. He said that he believes in celebrating life and all he wants is his children to remember him as a man who tried giving them the best.
The veteran actor, who breathed his last in Dubai, will always be remembered through his notable work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gita Jayanti special: Celebrate the birth of Srimad Bhagavad Gita
- Yash and Radhika Pandit's wedding pictures will melt your heart
- Rajinikanth leaves Shah Rukh, Salman and Aamir behind
- Shraddha Kapoor reveals her wardrobe essentials
- Bigg Boss season 10: Wild card entry Jason Shah exits Salman Khan’s show?
- Superstar Rajinikanth requests fans not to celebrate his birthday
- Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor thank Gauri Khan for turning Ranbir's house into home!
- I stress, worry, get nervous: Vaani Kapoor
- Sonakshi Sinha wishes 'Happy Birthday' popsy to Shatrughan Sinha, posts adorable PIC
- Nargis Fakhri's advice about 'drinking water' is what you should know for keeping a healthy body!