Fawad Khan reacts for 'first time' on Uri terror attack, fails to condemn
Fawad Khan finally breaks his silence on Uri attacks.
New Delhi: After Shafqat Amanat Ali, Mawra Hocane, Pakistani heartthrob Fawad Khan finally broke his silence on Uri terror attack on Friday.
The 34-year-old actor issued a statement over the terror attack that took place on September 18 on his official Facebook page.
Here's what Fawad Khan said:
''I've been in Lahore since July as my wife and I had been expecting our second child.
I've received numerous requests from the media and from well wishers worldwide asking me for my thoughts on the sad incidents that took place in the past few weeks. As a father of two little children, I pray and wish like many others that together we can build and live in a more peaceful world. I believe we owe it to our children who will shape our tomorrow.
This is the first time I have spoken on the matter. Please disregard any other words attributed to me during this time because I have not said them. I thank all my fans and fellow artists from Pakistan, India and people in general all over the world who have shown continued support for their belief in love and understanding to unite a divisive world.''
The Pakistani actor made his Bollywood debut in 2014 opposite Sonam Kapoor in 'Khoobsurat' and so far he has worked in three Bollywood big projects. His soon to be released Karan Johar's directorial 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' has landed in a soup.
In the aftermath of Uri attacks, Raj Thackeray led MNS threatened Pakistani artistes to leave India. Also, IMPAA (Indian Motion Pictures’ Artists Association) announced a ban on Pakistani artists working in India until normalcy returns.
Pakistan-based terrorist outfit Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) militants carried out the terror attack at the Indian Army camp in Jammu and Kashmir's Uri in which 19 soldiers were martyred.