Film producer Boney Kapoor threatened by underworld
Zee Media Bureau/ Aparna Mudi
Mumbai: Renowned Bollywood filmmaker Boney Kapoor has reportedly been threatened by the underworld. The producer has got extortion calls from the underworld and claimed the goons have threatened to shoot him if he fails to pay up the money.
A case has been lodged with the local police and with the anti-extortion cell. It is being speculated that the threats may have come from underworld don Ravi Pujara.
Kapoor filed the complaint at the Oshiwara police station after being repeatedly called from an international number and threatened.
Police have already begun investigations in the case. A parallel inquiry will also be undertaken by the anti-extortion cell. Added security has also been given to Kapoor, and his family including actress Sridevi and their children.
Underworld has been a constant threat to the film industry, with 1990s being rife with threats and phone calls to eminent stars and producers for arm twisting about the release of a movie or pressurising them for money.
Pic Courtesy: @SrideviBKapoor
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ayesha Takia responds to 'plastic surgery' rumours, shuts trolls with cryptic post!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' controversy: Shyam Benegal finds CBFC 'ban' on films unacceptable
- Amit Sadh keen to climb Mount Everest!
- Karan Johar's throwback picture from DEBUT role will blow your mind!
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!