Filmmaker Anurag Basu escapes Japan quake
New Delhi: Bollywood director Anurag Basu had plans to visit Japan on the day the massive earthquake rocked that country. He escaped the calamity due to a change in plans.
Basu, who is credited for films like ‘Life in a... Metro’, ‘Gangster’ and ‘Murder’, had to attend the Osaka Asian Film Festival, where his film ‘Kites’ was to be screened.
"May GOD be with the people of Japan. I was suppose to be there today to attend osaka film festival. my travel plans were changed last moment (sic)," Basu posted on his Twitter page Friday.
The Osaka Asian Film Festival was scheduled March 5-13.
Japan was hit by an earthquake of 8.9 magnitude, followed by a devastating tsunami Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- See: When Amitabh Bachchan was chased by a tiger!
- READ: What Shah Rukh Khan's Edinburgh speech is all about!
- 'Peepli Live' co-director Mahmood Farooqui forced himself upon US researcher, says common friend
- No film can flop if planned properly: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Aamir Khan, Rohit Shetty extend help to ailing filmmaker Kalpana Lajmi